Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Week of January 3-January 9, 2011

Hey Crew!


It's a New Year and we have a lot of work to do!! Our next races are less than 2 weeks away and we have a lot to do in the coming ten days. History has shown that we are typically a bit sluggish and have trouble returning from the holidays... So I am going to try and avoid this as much as possible... and hit you guys with four hard practices. Not actually hit you, but you get what I mean... there's going to be no surprises about this and you can't complain (I'm sure I'll hear a lot though :) ) about not being prepared for this. :)


I will be at practice on Saturday as these practices are very important. I would suggest that missing practice during this period of time prior to our races in Edmonton would be detrimental to any of your goals that you have identified with me in the beginning of the year. Also, looking at your/our results from the fitness test we did last week I would like to do some fitness in the lodge before we head out on skis on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We will start practice at 5:45 in the lodge doing a mini circuit of sit ups, dips, pushups, wall sits and bridges before we get onto snow for 6. We will be ending practices at 7pm. 


Last week I had asked for you to email me if you wanted me to do a fourth/fifth day workout plan for you. I received NO feedback regarding this and therefore will continue with the three day plans.


For Thursday practice please write out your three goals for the Edmonton races. 
______________________________________

Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday:

Hard intervals. Be prepared with water bottles and headlamps for Thursday.
    Tuesday: Skate
    Thursday: Classic
    Saturday: Skate

March 25-31, 2024.

I am not really sure what happened to this season. It went by so quickly!! Thank you team for a great season and a very special thank you to...