October 25-31, 2021

HOW in the world is this the last week of October????? It was suggested that we have a bring your dog to training- for Halloween. Unfortunately with dogs and skiing it worked really well, I just don't know how to make it work with training and your training plans. Maybe submitting your photos dressed up (ie: Abbey below) can be an option, or this can be discussed at training on Tuesday. I'm open to realistic options. :)

Thank you Abbey!! :)

Uniform Orders: the website should be up and running this week. I have most orders for people, but there's a new option of uniform pants if anyone is interested. I will send out the details when I get them. In past years, I collected the order and submitted it, billing each family separately and this seemed to work well. If you have any concerns or questions please let me know. My plan is to have the order complete 24-36 hours after the site is made available to us. 
____________________________________________


Tuesday: Meet at Thrill Hill with your shortest ski poles. This is BOTH juniors and seniors!! I know seniors- it's only been 2 weeks... but this is a different workout. And juniors, it's time to start ski striding!


Thursday: Meet at the ski lodge- I realize that it's super inconvenient to get out there now- but please plan your time (approx. 20min from downtown) to get out there. Also- there is a way you can get out to the ski club not via Hwy 40. If you hit Costco road and go South to the end. Then turn right (this is the correction line) and take your first left- the road you eventually come out on is the Wapiti Nordic road- you will be west of the ski club, so just turn left when you come to your T-intersection and voila, ski club!! :)

Seniors: bring short ski poles

Juniors: bring bikes please


Saturday: Meet at the 3-way STOP sign on the Dunes Golf Course road. There is a pull off with lots of space for vehicles. Seniors- bring water and runners and Juniors- bring your bikes please. Remember to dress accordingly to the ever changing weather!! Juniors, I encourage you to dress up in your halloween costume as long as it's safe enough for you to ride your bike, seniors I don't recommend a costume due to the strenuous workout that's planned. 

 

Comments